Rataviruwo Talent Star 2013
According to a concept developed by Hon. Dilan Perera, Minister of Foreign Employment Promotion and Welfare, the Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment is producing a reality show involving migrant workers and their family members. This show is produced as a television reality show and Swaranavahini is the media partner.
There are about 1.7 million migrant workers who are currently working abroad. If you do a calculation considering one migrant worker’s family to have at least 3 members in the family then it adds up to ¼ of the total population of Sri Lanka or even more, so with great confidence that we expect to receive a huge positive response from all our migrant workers who are abroad and in Sri Lanka.
The main objectives of the show are to;
- Establish close relationship between workers aboard and their families in Sri Lanka
- Recognize hidden talents of migrant workers in the areas of singing (any language) and dancing.
- Use the reality show for image building of the migrant workers among the general public
- Use the airtime to promote messages for awareness, welfare, regulations, reintegration programmes, news and information related to the SLBFE and the Ministry and SLBFE
The Overall Programme
Programme has three components;
- The panel of judges consists of Hon. Malanie Fonseka MP, Mr. Isaq Beig and Ms. Samitha Mudunkotuwa and the show will be presented by Hon. Upeksha Swarnamali and Mr. Lahiru Mudalige.
- After the initial around selection done by the Sri Lankan Embassies, 24 contestants from each country will be selected for the second round.
- The selection criteria will be marks received from the judge board as well as the SMS received from both Sri Lanka and abroad.
The Talent Show
- The show will be aired for one hour, every Sunday between 10p.m. to 11 p.m. from January to September 2013.
- Programmes will be recorded in countries (e.g. UAE, Kuwait, Lebanon, Cyprus, Oman, Bahrain, South Korea and Jordan) where we have a larger number of migrant workers.
For more information contact:
|1. Mr. D.P.P. Senanayake, Deputy General Manager, Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment||0112864132
|2. Ms. Aruni Ranasinghe, Media Officer, Hon. Minister’s Office, Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment||0773849611
|3. Ms. K.N. Abeygunawardana, Coordinating Secretary to Hon. Dilan Perera||
[Back to First Page...]